I can honestly say that I do not know much about Moby's music, but his
last interview in a recent URB definately caught my eye.  Check out these
quotes.  The first one was a responce on what he thought of Hip Hop now
and then:

"...And at that time there was so much great house music and techno being
made, so in the early 90's I didn't pay attention to it at all...why when
I can go listen to Derrick May, why would I want to listen to N.W.A.?"

Believe it or not, even though he is mainstream, he was still influenced
by the Detroit pioneers.

To be honest, I dont think it will be a horrible thingif he gets booked.
He will attract a lot of people, maybe even more out of towners, and i
doubt that they will show up for his set and leave, refusing to expose
themselves to that "313 stuff."  I mean last year on the main stage on the
last night, the line up was Kevin Saunderson, Rolando, Derrick May, and
Richie Hawtin.  How can you ever expect to come close to that every year
without rehashing the same lineup?

Christos Michalakis             734.730.4297            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"if heaven ain't a lot like detroit, I don't want to go. if heaven ain't a
lot like detroit, I'd just assume stay home. If they ain't got no 8-mile
like they do up in the D, just send me to hell or salt lake city, it'd be
about the same to me"
                -Uncle Kracker