Moby changes to please. That's why I don't consider Moby techno. Techno does not compromise. Pop aims to please.

Techno _is_ pop in pretty much every other area of the world besides North America, and we're not far behind.

I don't think it's possible to make broad statements such as "[insert genre here] does not compromise." The stroke you're painting is too broad. If anything, the more popular something gets, the more compromises are made to maintain or expand upon it.

Moby is doing whatever he wants in order to maintain or expand upon his success. As much as I think him an over-opinionated pinhead, he is electronic music's point man in North America and a lot more rides on his ability to change to please than just his personal bank account.

- Craig