That's what's great about DJing. Although all DJs have the same access to the same records - each DJ buys records and sounds that please them and in turn they use those records in a DJ set to keep everyone dancing and having a great time. There are great records available new and old. What you do with them as a DJ is what makes the difference.
djr

From: "stuffed bird" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re:[313] can't get no decent techno .... but i try
Date: 29 Mar 2001 14:54:55 -0000

I agree, techno lost me to deep house around the same time, but I still buy a lot of techno records. I think there are as many quality techno records coming out as there were in those days, it's just the number of crappy looped banging stuff that has multiplied enormously, and is sadly being bought by loads of young dj's who just want to get the girls and get paid like a superstar. Deep house has always been a little less popular and has IMO maintained more integrity (although the French disco house sound is a serious attempt at destroying that integrity). The techno that usually makes me wanna hit the decks and the floor nowadays:

most John Tejada releases, I love the one on M'n'G, but there are also those on Palette a.o., the last Beroshima was storming as well, very deep stuff, Hakan Lidbo also releases some deep stuff, although the purists won't regard this as techno
Gigolo has also releases some slamming tracks these last couple of years

hope this helps,

RD

Signup for FREE email and member home pages at http://www.turkey.com