so much negativity in the last two posts...damn.

I do agree with one thing "Sit back, RELAX, enjoy the hard beats"
- could say more more but not feeling feisty enough ;)

From: "Jayson B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re:[313] can't get no decent techno .... but i try
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:33:34 -0000

I think there are as many quality techno records coming out as there >were
in those days,

yeah, when everyone and their mother only uses equipment that's 10 years old
or older, the "new" sound thing runs thin.  So much for being the only
innovative sound eh?

it's just the number of crappy looped banging stuff that has >multiplied
enormously,

umm,  its always been crappy looped banging stuff.  That's what makes it
techno.

and is sadly being bought by loads of young dj's who just want to get >the
girls and get paid like a superstar.

isn't getting laid and paid the whole reason for doing ANYTHING?  Guys do
certain things because it attracts certain chicks.

Deep house has always been a little less popular and has IMO >maintained
more integrity

ahh yes, the whole, "if its sold more than a thousand copies the artist MUST
have sold out and have no integrity,"  bit.  Haven't heard THAT before.

I think people take music too seriously for the wrong reasons.  YES, its a
powerful medium.  YES, its an artform.  But dude, RELAX.  its just music.
Its not going to cure cancer.  Just because an artist writes a song that
other people like besides him does NOT make it evil, nor does it make him a
sellout, or commercialized.

It means he wrote a track that other people like.

Yeah, there's a commercial aspect to music, and there ARE people who
sellout, but i think it happens less than y'all think.

I mean, was andy warhol an evil commercial sellout cause he sold his
paintings?

I just think its time that this whole elitist attitude gives it up.  Its
Tired, and i think needs to be saved for acts like britney spears.  so Sit
back, RELAX, enjoy the hard beats.

(although the French disco house sound is a serious attempt at >destroying
that integrity).

yeah, those evil French Disco House Dj's are just trying to capitalize on
that which is pure and unmoved right?  Cause they're makin those Ten Dollah
bills y'all!

Oh well, just wanted to toss my 2 cents in.  you're more than welcomed to
your opinion, and if you want to keep yourself as closeminded as possible,
that's great.  don't let me stop you from reaching that level of Snobbery
(seriously).

My opinion:

Deep house makes me want to go to bed. For a supposed "new" sound, its just
as old and rehashed as all music is.