on 3/29/01 10:03 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm jazzed, of course.  The big surprise is how the lineup has opened
> globally this year.  There are still some Detroit performers who haven't
> been picked, but I'm very happy to see Random Noise Generation, K. Hand,
> and of course Mr. Terrence Parker on this year's list, among others.

Agreed.  Terrence seemed a little bit down when I talked to him last year
saying (if i remember correctly) that he was unable to play because of a
prior commitment.  I wouldn't miss his set this year.

Conspicuously absent, or scheduled for next year(?):
Juan Atkins (how about a rain date, as Infiniti?)
Rob Hood
Jeff Mills
The Martian
dopplereffekt
Stuart Walker
Dan Curtin
Monochrome
Carl Craig/Innerzone
George Clinton
Kraftwerk
and of course, AO (where's his non-DEMF appearance supposed to be?)

And as far as opening up globally, I'd like to think that non detroit
performers might present a bit of a tribute to the Detroit sounds that
inspired them or their own material as embraced by Detroit.  Hearing Gerald
drop a live version of "Blow your House Down" last year was gold.
--
There4IM