K. Hand
not that suddenly the ratio is different...

At 5:56 AM -0800 3/30/01, diana potts wrote:
I dont mean to stand on my women's political soap box
here, BUT besides Norma Jean...any one notice that
there's a lack of female presence this year?

please, no debates needed..Im not complaining AT
ALL....I just wanna know that Im not the only one.

--- Ian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 on 3/29/01 10:03 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 > I'm jazzed, of course.  The big surprise is how
 the lineup has opened
 > globally this year.  There are still some Detroit
 performers who haven't
 > been picked, but I'm very happy to see Random
 Noise Generation, K. Hand,
 > and of course Mr. Terrence Parker on this year's
 list, among others.

 Agreed.  Terrence seemed a little bit down when I
 talked to him last year
 saying (if i remember correctly) that he was unable
 to play because of a
 prior commitment.  I wouldn't miss his set this
 year.

 Conspicuously absent, or scheduled for next year(?):
 Juan Atkins (how about a rain date, as Infiniti?)
 Rob Hood
 Jeff Mills
 The Martian
 dopplereffekt
 Stuart Walker
 Dan Curtin
 Monochrome
 Carl Craig/Innerzone
 George Clinton
 Kraftwerk
 and of course, AO (where's his non-DEMF appearance
 supposed to be?)

 And as far as opening up globally, I'd like to think
 that non detroit
 performers might present a bit of a tribute to the
 Detroit sounds that
 inspired them or their own material as embraced by
 Detroit.  Hearing Gerald
 drop a live version of "Blow your House Down" last
 year was gold.
 --
 There4IM

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]