if you have a hard time believing this, just think about women in the workforce as an analogy. a good parallel. do just as good a job a lot of the time, get paid less and don't get the promotion.

Mike

From: "laura gavoor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: [313] the race debate
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 17:40:52

With a tag line of:  Ford Focus...Detroit Techno sponsoring a Moby
tour...what do you suggest?

Shall a Mike Banks or a Juan Atkins for example, sit back and let someone
else make his money and benefit from their efforts while they are
quintessentially excluded and pushed aside.  What kind of juveniles do you
all think created this music and mentality?  These are grown men and women,
with families to support and REAL bills to pay.

Are our dreams of financial success and acclaim to be kicked to the curb for
the greater good?  What the f**k are you all saying ANYWAY?

It is simply not in our nature, nor in the nature of the culture of
aggressive creative individualism/techno to simply lie down and take
a fist up the rump.  Can we try at least to approach this as grown business
people. After all, 313 CREATED this business and now the majors and stupid,
tagalong "bad" white people wish to exploit it and us for the sake of the
dollar.

I'm disgusted with the apathy being exhibited in this thread. Life is not E
based.  That is simply NOT REAL y'all.  Parties that bring all the races
together are incredible....BUT THEY ARE JUST PARTIES.  Party life and the
esoterics of the music are NOT what we are discussing here at all.

How would any of you like it if you busted yo ass 24-7 for 10+ years and
someone else got paid for your work.  Would this not raise your ire?? Come
one kiddies, let's talk reality here.

A trance rip-off of Jaguar was just the tip of the iceberg.  If you truly
believe in this music and culture perhaps you might like to join in the
fight for its defense and longevity.