From: laura gavoor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 5:40 PM
Subject: RE: [313] the race debate

: With a tag line of:  Ford Focus...Detroit Techno sponsoring a Moby
: tour...what do you suggest?
:
: Shall a Mike Banks or a Juan Atkins for example, sit back and let
someone
: else make his money and benefit from their efforts while they are
: quintessentially excluded and pushed aside.  What kind of juveniles do
you
: all think created this music and mentality?  These are grown men and
women,
: with families to support and REAL bills to pay.
:
: Are our dreams of financial success and acclaim to be kicked to the curb
for
: the greater good?  What the f**k are you all saying ANYWAY?
:
: It is simply not in our nature, nor in the nature of the culture of
: aggressive creative individualism/techno to simply lie down and take
: a fist up the rump.  Can we try at least to approach this as grown
business
: people.  After all, 313 CREATED this business and now the majors and
stupid,
: tagalong "bad" white people wish to exploit it and us for the sake of
the
: dollar.
:
: I'm disgusted with the apathy being exhibited in this thread.  Life is
not E
: based.  That is simply NOT REAL y'all.  Parties that bring all the races
: together are incredible....BUT THEY ARE JUST PARTIES.  Party life and
the
: esoterics of the music are NOT what we are discussing here at all.
:
: How would any of you like it if you busted yo ass 24-7 for 10+ years and
: someone else got paid for your work.  Would this not raise your ire??
Come
: one kiddies, let's talk reality here.
:
: A trance rip-off of Jaguar was just the tip of the iceberg.  If you
truly
: believe in this music and culture perhaps you might like to join in the
: fight for its defense and longevity.
: