this would most likely, in effect, damp the resonances. in other words, making sure the table is very heavy would most likely damp a lot of the vibrations (although the bricks most likely would transmit a lot of it).

i say isolate the table as well as possible. while a trick like that might be cool nothing is worse than having a needle jump.

Mike

From: "DJ DMT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "313 detroit" <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: Re: [313] vinyl: not for me; but mp3 cds are.
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 22:12:46 +0200

I can make a nice drawing of this but it's actually true
I've tried certain setups where it came clear to me that
resonace injected from the speakers react different to the needle through
wood, metal  or bricks.
just make shure that the table you place you're 1200's on is heavy with
lot's and lots of bricks

But maybe you can tell me something about th'm different frequenties the
quartz resonates to ?

dmt