Okay, ultiamtely, I like to think of techno and house as more of adjitives
(sp?) then categories, but I think that though the two can be VERY
similar, I think that if you must use them as genres, there is a
difference.

I think that the main difference is in the feeling behind a track.  House
tends to be a bit more happyier, more optimistic, etc.  I often tease my
househead friends by saying that every single house song has the theme
"everything is going to be alright."  But ultimately, I think that house
is more centered on upbeat optimisim.

Techno, on the other hand has a different feeling to it.  I think the best
discription I have ever heard of techno was "dark, but celebratory."
Techno can be dark, at times even angry, while other times quite happy,
and almost alyways energetic.  Take for example "Waveform Transmissions
Vol. 1" by Jeff Mills.  "Phase 4" is VERY aggressive, dark, etc; while
"Changes of Life" is more warm, happy, and joyous.

Do I make any sense or do I sound rediculous?

Christos Michalakis             734.730.4297            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"if heaven ain't a lot like detroit, I don't want to go. if heaven ain't a
lot like detroit, I'd just assume stay home. If they ain't got no 8-mile
like they do up in the D, just send me to hell or salt lake city, it'd be
about the same to me"
                -Uncle Kracker