> I also take this as an opportunity to recommend Mr Degiorgio's website,
> http://www.kirkdegiorgio.com (someone else on this list pointed me there
in
> the first place) - he has put up some great pages about his favorite
records
> etc - I wish more producers, DJs and musicians would do the same...

It is an excellent list of excellent records. I found this years ago whilst
at college and it put me onto Bobby Hutcherson (I've only just found a copy
of Oblique) and Mary Lou Williams amongst others... There's little to
quibble with (though I'll probably never understand the fascination with
Linda Lewis and the more Avant Garde jazz doesn't crop up as much as I'd
have it). I wish there were more like it as well. I'd do one myself but it
would probably have 90% of those choices anyway!

Jonny.