Remember one thing and one thing only with regard to this whole topic.....the United States Government is THE BIGGEST CORPORATION in the world. Somehow, with that in mind, all other related topics (especially during any Republican regime ;( simply fall into place...in other words...their behavior makes perfect sense under that premise.

I rather favor the Green Party misself. Used to be the Transcendental Meditation Party (honestly :). Jim Hagelin (sp.?) is an amazing intellect whose whole paltform is that in order to survive without taxing the natural resources and to ensure NO ONE does without...Quantum Physics msut be applied. I believe he is a Harvard or Yale Physicist....dunno for sure, but truly inspirational to hear this man's perspective.

From: "Mike Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: [313] more political crap from me (OT)
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 14:14:27 -0400

yeah, corporate america has displayed such good citizenship; lets get rid of
all those nasty laws the provide minimum wages, workers rights, food
inspection, FDA medicine testing, environmental protections, consumer safety
laws...

ya know, things were so much better for the average person in the 19th
century. Lets forget about how regulation has helped the average consumer in
the 20th century. It isn't a big deal, I know we can rely on corporate
altruism. It worked so well in the 1800's.

I do not mean to sound like a whiney middle class anti-corporate college
student, but c'mon! Read Howard Zinn's "A People's History of The United
States of America", and then tell me that the liberatarian party is going to
make the US a better place to live.

I think their approach to personal freedom and social responsiblity is good,
but a complete laissez faire approach to government is unrealistic as best,
and frankly dangerous at worst. All the things that dubya is doing right now
that are scary would happen under the libratarians as well. The WTO is
scary, do you want to open the door even wider for organizations like that?

I voted for John Brown in 96, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out
what I was thinking.

Take care,
Mike