I can see how the default, knee-jerk reaction to something like this would
be to "take a stand", but by our own admission, we've no idea any of the
facts of the situation.  Taking a stand on a situation

sort of - we know what the media has told us. and that what the media is reporting doesnt make any sense, reeks of bullshit. that is plenty to take a stand on. of course we cant just come out and demand cc get rehired, but we can demand a detailed explanation and express our bitterness. they can do whatever they want, but we can do some things too besides sit and wait and assume the best.
jt