313,

There have been a volley of emails recently slating Fat Boy Slim and Moby
as being the coporate whores of the dance music 'industry'. Whilst there
are more pertinent subjects on the agenda, I would still like to make a
distinction between the two. I'd don't for one moment like FBS's music. The
fact that it is widely liked, I put down to the general public's low
standards. However, it is fairly clear that the man does not take himself
too seriously, he has fun doing what he's doing, and he gives people a lot
of pleasure. He's been making throwaway pop music for decades and he's good
at it. I saw it at first hand on Brighton (England) beach a couple of weeks
ago.
Moby, on the other hand, makes insipid music of the worst kind, made for TV
advertisements. He's takes himself very seriously, is always trying to get
in on the latest fad/fashion and is a moody t***.
My conclusion is not that we should include FBS in the topics of
conversation, rather that we should refrain from slating artists who have
no pretensions, are just doing their thing. There are much more important
things to promote.

Al

Warning : The information contained in this message may be privileged and
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
replying to this message and then delete it from your computer. All e-mail sent
to this address will be received by the Providian Financial corporate e-mail
system and is subject to archiving and review by someone other than the
recipient.