on 7/30/01 11:02 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> I just read this and wondered what exactly you meant by upside down and
>> backwards.
>
> no, i don't think he was shunning his audience.  i think scott simply
> meant that christian was playing the track backwards as a result of the
> cartridge being placed underneath the record.

Okay.  Old Claude Young trick (Rotator did ths too).  As I remember it goes
like this...

Place a wooden thread spool on the spindle, and turn your cartridge upside
down.  Weight the tone arm so it lifts up.  Put your 12-inch on top on the
spool, and lay the needle on the underside.  Voila!  Instant backwards
track.

God, I  miss Claude and the Sardine Bar...
--
im