On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Kyle J Dupuy wrote:
> >   I just read this and wondered what exactly you meant by upside down and
> > backwards.  Was Christian standing at the decks back to the audience,
> > playing a track which grooved from the inside out?
> > I was just trying to get an image of what you meant.
> > -geoff
>
> no, i don't think he was shunning his audience.  i think scott simply
> meant that christian was playing the track backwards as a result of the
> cartridge being placed underneath the record.

This is a trick that I think Juan Atkins has used from time to time.
You put a spool (like your momma gets her thread on for sewing) on
the spindle, put the record on top, take the headshell off and put
it on upside-down, and adjust the counterweight all the way out so
it pulls the cartridge up to the record.

It's a neat trick but I've had too much trouble with pulling off
headshells in the middle of the set to want to try it ;-)