fabrice Lig:

I talked several times to some people from Vinyl pressing factories and eachone told me that they are really really busy and always too much records to press.

Michael Kim:

how about cutting down the number of bad releases instead?  ;)

I think cutting down the number of releases would eventually be catastrophic for this music scene.

Factories would have to close down their businesses when there wouldn't be enough work (records to make) and thus cause the pressing prices go higher and higher, making it useless to release this music on vinyl when at the end a record could cost you twice as much as it does now.

Only the strongest pressing plants would survive, and eventually there'd be only 2 or 3 pressing plants IN THE WHOLE WORLD.
Not much choice there.

I think this effect is already showing the way average record price has been steadily rising in the last 15 years, and the amount of new dance releases per month should now be higher that ever?

It's a sort of Amazon jungle this "dance" music business; you have to have as many species as possible in order to keep the ecological balance.

-Proffit