>Latest issue of XLR8R has Stacey on the cover, and a hard-hitting interview
>wherein he bemoans the lack of support artists of his calibre/ilk generally
>receive in the US domestic music market. Home truths or sour grapes? You be
>the judge.

Nah, I spoke to him about that at length the other day. I've probably spent
more time talking to Stacey than any other Detroit artist over the years (he
got his first press here, plus he's a fave of mine, so I will happily do 6
am interviews with the time difference) and he isn't ever bitter. It's not
in his character, he is a very positive kinda guy. He was really
disappointed that his album wasn't released in the US. It's a symbolic
thing, to be accepted by your own. 'Home' means a lot to Stacey too, he
always talks of it. I think it is 'home truths'. It's a shame that with the
attention the DEMF attracted the album wasn't released Stateside. Funnily
enough here in Australia his album got more of a push than Photek - both
Science/Virgin releases.

I will look forward to the XLR8R, it's nice that he made the cover.