On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Leif Anderson wrote:
> I thought that was the point of this release, to inspire volumes of mailing
> list discussion attempting to catalogue all of the samples and loops that he
> uses, and what track they came from. Gotta catch 'em all or somesuch thing.

Nah.

Two observations I have on it:

1. He left vinyl noise in the samples.  This gives the whole project a sort
of Basic Channel/Pole ambience.  The weird thing about it is that since
the vinyl crackle is looped with the sample, you start hearing counterpoint
rhythms in the noise.

2. While it's interesting, I find that he doesn't really let things ride
enough. Every time he gets into a decent groove, he changes everything.  So
there's a real ADD ambience to it.

On the subject of noise -- I have a brother who always slept with a vaporizer
going when he was young, due to respiratory problems.  This has left him
unable to sleep without a white noise source.   He tried to use one of those
little noise generator boxes people use for this purpose, but he started
hearing the loop in the noise and it kept him awake!