I missed this first time round. If that's the only cure for the virus,
expect me to start busting out in bassline and vocal rashes as I am now
officially broke as f**k. Contamination started for me with the likes of
Chez Damier, Ron Trent and the Basic Channel connection, the DiY bunch,
Peacefrog's Chicago stuff, and Derrick Carter being amazing. As well as a
fine broad based education at Pure, then later weekly attendance at Plastic
People and the occasional Sub Club visit. Plus girls seem to like you more
if you play house rather than techno ;) Although, I pretend to myself I can
rise above such observations.

There's obviously no line between the two, but I've always hovered around
the contested borders anyway. Techno attracts, perhaps, the more obsessive
types, so is far better represented on the net. The Deep House page is the
best place to start if you want to feed your habit, particularly the older
mixes from the likes of Larry Levan, Ron Hardy and Frankie Knuckles and the
other Chicago pioneers. If you're interested in disco (which contests
another border with house somewhere in music world) check out the superb
site www.deepdisco.com which has a different classic every week.

Jonny.