Look, we need to put all this "selling promos" stuff into perspective here. The techno music business is such that its a good thing that the record is in circulation and not, god forbid, thrown away or hidden in someone's collection, not getting any needle time. At least its out there for people who want it. If the guy is selling the record on ebay, how much money can he really make off it? A couple bucks? Ok, ten bucks at the most, for a record that is about to be released which according to the guy, had purchased it himself. Its called a free country, its called a free market. Besides you NEVER include promos in your overall sales. Its an expense labels have to pay to get their music out to the audience 'free of charge' and not to mention, when given away it becomes the property of whoever it is given to and they can do as they please with it. If you don't want people to sell your promos, then don't make promos. This is one of the things that bugs me about Detroit/or techno people. Its not a million dollars at stake here. Take a chill pill.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

With all due respect, I was merely trying to put the record in the hands

of someone that would really get some use

out of it by playing it out.

AND make some extra money for yourself at the same time!  Chances are that
anyone who would have picked it up in the store would have wanted it for
themselves anyway (not to sell and make extra money).  Sh*t, at least
publish a review of it before selling it - that way you give back
*something* to the company who's toes your stepping on.

Sorry if I offended you by trying to put your record in the hands of

someone that would play it-- its what I do for >a living.

So, you consider yourself a distributor?

MEK

"Matthew Mangold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] To: "313" <313@hyperreal.org>, "Puzzlebox Records" three.com> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> cc: 01/13/02 10:59 AM Subject: RE: [313] FA: ebay spam (Shari Vari 2x12 White Label)

I knew when I saw it in the store
that there were lots of people on the 313 list that would
love to get their hands on a copy, and I, myself, would not
play the piece. So I *BOUGHT* it, because, in the almost
four years that Ive been selling records here in Detroit, I
have not ONCE received a white label from Puzzlebox.
On the other hand, labels and artists that DO personally
give me promo white labels, like Mike Grant, KDJ, Plus 8/
M-nus, and Planet-E, I do keep in my personal collection,
and would not think of auctioning them off. Sorry if I offended
you by trying to put your record in the hands of someone
that would play it-- its what I do for a living.

Matthew