I remember the night you're talking about although I think I was mainly in
the main room for Hawtin & Aquaviva that night. I caught him the time
before at The End and that was only about a month earlier. That time was
the first time I heard him spin and I liked what I heard, all good
dancefloor material. I imagine this style to be a more typical Pullen set,
somewhere in between techno & house but all excellent tracks to dance to.
After that night I remember going record shopping & looking for Stacey
Pullen material as I was so impressed by what I heard.
 My point is really that he must have played a lounge set in the lounge,
let him play in the main room and you'll get the harder side of Pullen -
unless you're at Motor of course ;o)

GG