So the final verdict on DJ Pullen? :o)

I vote yes (as in I think he's 'good'). My reasons is that he's versatile
and competent. Any reports to the contrary I'd attribute to fatigue or
deliberate archness. Someone said that one of the nights upon which it's
claimed he played poorly there were a lot of 'MTVers' in the crowd ... I
know of at least 2 other occasions I've seen djs deliberately attempt to
rile a crowd they didn't like: Aphex Twin - when his assessment of some
skinheads he'd spotted at the  front was not good, Carl Craig at The End -
when no one liked his remix of Buena Vida - that was funny: 'What The Fuck!'
he said when no one danced - But it got a cheer!