saw Umek on 4 decks at EasternBloc (a record shop) on saturday
and while what he did was impressive (3 vinyls going at any one point) it
just wasn't that interesting. i think he was getting at what hawtin aims at
at
the moment with layers etc. but it revolves around the same kind of track
being played back to back with another of that type...

gimme bone on 3 decks anyday!

Here,here!

That's exactly what was wrong with hearing Billy Nasty, Umek (& his
'recycled' mate who's name I can't remember)  on NYE - at times it just
seems flat and unispiring. I know a few Umek tracks as well so usually it
helps if you know some of the tunes but it really was a quite forgettable
set (well, night to honest - musically anyway.)
 Now with Bone you have a DJ who knows how to mix up the styles and keep
things interesting! :o)