jurren baars, born march 4 1975 in enschede, the netherlands. moved to utrecht 1994. law-student. been into techno/house since '93/'94 before that classical (as a 4 year old i'd try to put my head into the tv whenever i heard huge orchestra's playin'; that probably explains my love for loud music with strings), pop (michael jackson), rock (tool, faith no more, etc) nowadays listen to basically anything i can get my hands on! -> jazz, soul, funk, new wave, disco, hip-hop, house, techno, afro-beat, broken-beat, electro, dub, booty and hi-tech funk. i'm bored rather quickly, so i mainly want to be surprised; i'm not looking for records that i allready own (no more drumcodes for me). huge fan of theo parrish, shake, derrick may and mad mike. on 313 for 2 years. bed room dj (the best in the world imho: i play all my favorite records! too bad i don't mix 'm better).

in response to otto: why utrecht is holland's techno-town no.1? just try calling anyone here in utrecht when outside of the netherlands... dial: +3130...... i rest my case.

jurren

btw: my last name, baars, is the dutch word for bass (the fish) so no more silly jokes about the 'great lake bass' on 313, 'cause i am not amused ;)