isn't demf meant to be an electronic music festival
in detroit? not a purely detroit techno festival.

so what if the likes of jules etc play. i'm sure you'll
still get the usual detroit suspects playing at various
stages and after parties.

it's just like tribal gathering in uk a few years back.
you had the likes of faithless, sasha, pete tong and
co taking over 2 or 3 tents. even a happy hardcore
tent. but there was also the detroit techno tent, a tent
specially put up for kraftwerk, a tent for weatherall
to play dub all day to 3 people, a tent for hard euro
techno with sven + dave clarke, a chill out tent etc...

if you don't like who's on one stage then simply move
away and find something you do like. doesn't paul oakenfold
play in detroit at motor? and fills it everytime. this shows
that there's obviously more to detroit than snobby techno heads
just like there's more to the uk than trance and drum n bass.
just find what you like and leave others to enjoy what they like.

as for extortionate food vendors. it's been the same at
every music event since time began.

lighten up, it's free isn't it? you really don't appreciate how
lucky you are having something like that in your home town.

paul