----- Original Message -----
From: "Fabrizio Nahum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Odeluga, Ken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 6:22 AM
Subject: Re: [313] Colin Dale

> > MD is cut from exactly same cloth mix-wise & taste-wise ... he's
> definitely
> > related although a lot younger ... so I wouldn't be 100% sure it's
> 'brother'
> > ... Mark Dale is seriously underground. How'd you hear about him?!
> >

> I go to groovetech alot and ive seen him in both the broadcasts and in the
> shopping area.
>
> Btw Colin Dale has released some new material with a certain Garth
> something-or-other. He played it last night....its got a nice driving 4/4
> beat with a wicked 303 bassline and some distrorted vocals. Im sorry but i
> forgot the name of the song and the monicker it is being released under
but
> itll be in the shops next week apparently.
>
> swiss cheese memory,
> fab.

Yeah. I got some gaps in mine too. :) DJ Garth would probably be from
Grayhound Recordings. The ties to this sound (kind west-coast housey a la
Halo/H-Foundation) are pretty strong on his show these days from what I
understand. That's stuff's not so much my thing - too thin for me, but
Patrick Turner from Baltimore has a new record "Newblood" coming out soon,
which is a slightly deeper take on this sound IMO. Colin Dale was raving
about this track on one of his recent shows. Patrick's stuff really cranks
it up a notch. Be on the lookout if you aren't averse to this sound, but
have always wanted something more from it. Lots of 313 relevant DJs have
been giving him the thumbs up, including Garnier, Mr.C and others for his
releases on Transport, Low and Silver Pearl.

Tristan
http://www.mp313.com <- Music
http://www.metrotechno.net <- DC techno + more
http://www.metatrackstudios.com <- DC DJ/Production studios