In a message dated 2/28/02 12:28:30 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Jesus Christ- did I miss something here? When did DJ's become so F**king
important?  I have NEVER thought about what a DJ would think of any of my
tracks- I don't think Larry Heard was thinking about DJ's when he wrote
Amnesia- he was creating truly beautiful, crafted pieces of music for PEOPLE
to listen to and maybe even dance.

Reminds me of a Classical Music story:

Beethoven was once confronted by a violinist who complained that Beethoven's
Violin Concerto was too difficult to perform.  The annoyed Beethoven replied
something like:

Do you really believe that I think about your silly fingers when I write
music?

The technical level  required to play the concerto in now  pretty standard
for anyone worthy of the title "virtuoso".

mediadrome