Otto was referring to last year's Trackmode party at the Detroit Contemporary,
which was one of the most sublime dance music experiences I've ever had.

SOUND SIGNATURE/TRACKMODE RECORDS PARTY
Detroit Contemporary Art Gallery 5141 Rosa Parks Blvd, downtown Detroit
 *Larry Heard (Alleviated Records/Chicago - house)
 *Kenny Dixon Jr. (KDJ Records/Detroit - house)
 *Kai Alce
 *Rick Wilhite (Three Chairs/Deroit - house)
 *Brett Dancer (Trackmode/NYC - Detroit)
 *Theo Parrish (Sound Signature/Detroit - house)

I remember Otto in the center of the dance floor, dripping in sweat, grinning
from ear to ear for at least 4 hours.  Moodyman clowning blowing smoke
rings in silhouette.  The best Detroit style house music all night long.

This party is legendary at this point, straight up.  And the 2002 party
looks to be just as good.