I agree with everythign Fred said, but i think the true importance of
final scratch will lie, not in the preservation/reinstation of older
tracks, but the easy of which it is now possible for new ideas to make
their way from the producer's head to the crowd. Yes, that may mean some
half-assed ideas get played way to fast, while the producer is still
excited and hasn't had the time the step back and evaluate the way one
would before spending money on a dub plate.

but, it also means that djs will be freed up to try some really
challenging ideas that might not have been worth the risk before.

also, at the rate computers are evolving, it probably won't be long until
real time digital manipulation becomes possible within the FS system,
making it a sort of combination DJ/laptop set. Then things could get
really interesting.