----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Heutte" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 5:08 AM
Subject: [313] DEMF 2002 (very long)

> OK, so we're all done with Submerge and now at the festival.
> Missed out on Jay Langa and Mad Professor (who i've seen
> several times doing the mixing desk thing for Lee Perry's live
> shows), but we arrived in time to start with part of
> Deepchord's excellent live show.  I also caught some of
> Heather Heart, Steve Rachmad and Mike Dearborn, but Mike Grant
> stole the show on the first day in my opinion.  A really
> gutty, full-fledged set that didn't skimp on musicality and
> kept moving.  I did miss John Tejada who got very high marks
> from many people.

Mad Professor's show was really nice, but not on the same level as seeing
him with Lee Scratch Perry. I only caught a bit of Tejada, and I was
surprised that there wasn't much turntablism involved, but Pepe Bradock into
KDJ is a hard combo to beet. :) Rachmad played a surprisingly hard set, but
I hear he was the star of the Tronic party the next night - many people
described it as "psychadelic".

Tristan
http://www.mp313.com <- Music
http://www.metrotechno.net <- DC techno + more