Something to ponder:

Perhaps a technology based culture isn't what every society needs or wants. While admitting that technological advancements in sanitation and medicine are universally beneficial, one could also argue that every family in the world having a computer and internet connection would simply lead to cultural homogenization and not necessarily mean "a better life for everyone". Agreed that societies which are technologically advanced have a "competitive advantage" in the global economy, but should all cultures be forced into global capitalism and the technology race?