I remember back when there was the "electro revival of 1995."

And then Drexciya came out with the "Return of Drexciya" on UR. As far as I remember Drexciya had come out with at least one record every year since 91.

Now there's the "electro revival of 2002."

But as to the trendiness of electro, being in NY I can say that is has become NYC-trendy. My "trendy" friends have been asking me for mix tapes for the first time since the last Basement Jaxx album came out. There have been articles in all of the "trendy" NYC papers and magazines about "electroclash," Adult., Miss Kittin and the Hacker, etc.