----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew MacQueen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Maarten Baute" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 7:00 PM
Subject: RE: [313] kdj

> >> MW 094
> >> a1: d-2000
> >> Sherard Ingram w/KDJ, 500 copies.
>
> > 500 copies? hmm.. I have a chance for picking this up for 20 euro..
>
> It's not that I don't believe you, but does anyone know how can a buyer
actually VERIFY that when a label or store boasts a really low number of
copies, that it's in fact true?  Or do you just have to trust them?  Mo'Wax
was all about getting into every record store, everywhere (even the indie
rocker ones) so I just am a little suspicious of that number from them in
particular.

> Just curious if there's an actual way to know for sure,

Unfortunately, http://www.mowax.com/news_info/discography.htm is limited to
the latest few releases, or maybe I'm a navigational idiot...

I tried to check the archived mo'wax discog here: http://www.archive.org
(nice site BTW) but it was too old to include MW94.

Most of the other discogs I checked skipped over this release, which would
seem to indicate it was limited.

I gues it's always hard to say "for sure". The price tag from Virgin in
Paris says D2000*LTD* on it and I also remember it was touted as a 500-copy
limited run when it came out. I think I may have seen it listed that way on
the old Mo Wax site, but that was a while ago. Agree it seems strange for
Mo' Wax, but it did come out before the album, so perhaps it was teaser, and
not exactly their standard fare at that.

If anyone's interested in hearing it, it's the 2nd track in this mix from
'99:

http://phonopsia.tripod.com/Newandold.htm

Tristan
http://www.mp313.com <- Music