It's such a rarity that I have the funds to buy any records, I figure I
should do my bit to increase the flow of relevant info here. :) Forgive the
personalization of these reviews, it's the only way I know how to do it...
Oh, and if these aren't all brand new, forgive me, I'm just getting back in
the loop.

NewWorldAquarium - Sign of Brady (NWAQ 001): I first heard "NoWorldButU" on
Nortroute, and repeatedly revisited it to hear this song, close to an hour
into the stream (with no forwarding), just so I could hear it. This song
hits me so deeply. It is the sound of the other NWAQ releases on Delsin, but
slower and more heart-felt. This is pure, dark beauty at its finest. In the
Nortroute original tracklistings, it was listed as "NewWorldRomantic", if
that goes anywhere towards identifying the different approach. If you can
still find a copy, snag it while you can. Lots of places seem to be out of
stock. I can't stop listening to this record... Oh, and all of 154's
comments about hearing it on vinyl to get the true effect come through loud
and clear. Cut @ D+M, and compressed to hell, this is destined to become a
collectors item. The flip is also great - and the little 154 answering
machine sample that would always pop up on Nortroute. :)

Recloose - Ain't Changin' 12" (Planet E): For my $, it's the best song on
the album, and definitely the most floor-friendly. If you're reluctant to
shell out for the album (a mistake IMO) this is a good buy - otherwise, I'd
say there isn't much reason to pick this up over the album, unless you want
doubles. C's Dark Soul Mix is clearly very simple, but I love that bassline.
It's pretty much a DJ tool, with some rearranging cymbals reminiscent of
C2's Space Time Continuum remix. Unless you really want the DJ tool though,
buy the album.

Recloose - Cardiology 2x12" (Planet E): My expectations for this album
couldn't have been higher. On first listen I was slightly disapointed. I
think I expected a few more obviously dancefloor tracks or something, but on
a 2nd listen I have no complaints at all. This is a complete, accomplished
album in the proper sense. I'm feeling every song, and I can already sense
that it will grow on me. With all the wait and hype for this one - it's a
really impressive feat to be able to live up to the expectancy. I'm sold.

Soha - Takemussa 12" (Africanism): I was a bit surprised by the slow growing
pace of this one after hearing the best bit towards the end in the Real
Audio sample. However, it's such a distilled sound they can get away with
letting the tension build for a solid 6 or 7 minutes before letting loose.
These two are probably my favorite house producers at the moment. This is
another one that lives up to extremely high expectations.

Julien Jabre - Sun is Back 12" (Versatile): I kept hearing this song out 'n
about, not realising it was new. Maybe I've been hearing the song it
samples, if it samples something? Not sure. Brilliant A-side, OK B-side.
Dripping with Summertime funk.

Trackheadz - Our Music 12" (DNH): I've been ranting about this one here for
the last few weeks since I heard Mike Clark drop it @ the Planet E party.
Once again, I was a bit deflated on first listen from my memory of hearing
it loud at the Planet E party. This is very "Deep Burnt", but it rides the
momentum a little more persistently, with slightly more severe changes when
they happen. This track can't fail on a dancefloor though. A must-have for
fans of "Deep Burnt". The B-side sounded "mailed in" to me.

4-Hero - Escape That 12" (Talkin' Loud): This one's from '99, but with
copies on sale for $4.25 @ Groovetech, I feel compelled to pass along the
good word. There are two parts to the single. I passed on the IG Culture
remix, although it was nice in its own right. The version I got has Restless
Soul and Ron Trent remixes. The Restless Soul (AKA Phil Asher) one is very
beat-focused with an unexpected distorted 909 dominating the mix. Nice, but
not crucial by any means... The Ron Trent remix on the flip is killer
though, with endlessly shifting keys throughout and classic Trent chords and
synthwork. The original is nice, but a bit too much on the R+B meets Drum 'n
Bass tip for my taste. I like that stuff at a more reasonable tempo, thank
you. :)

Los Hermanos - Birth of 3000 12" (LH-1): Plenty been said about this one.
Very nice indeed. I may prefer "Son Dos" to "Birth of 3000" - still
undecided. I have to admit with all these other records it hasn't been
getting the attention it deserves though.

I'll disclaim all this too - I'm not just a yes-man for all these records. I
spent a *long* time shopping and was very conservative with my my purchases.
This may be my first 100% successful record-buying outing ever... More stuff
on the way next week. Summer is almost here, and Summer = House!

Tristan
http://www.mp313.com <- Music
http://www.metrotechno.net <- DC techno + more
http://www.metatrackstudios.com <- DC DJ/Production studios