Thomas Köner definitely wasn't a fan of the tin packaging:

"We were never involved in the slightest discussion about its design. I would
never agree to design a box which kills my CD. This box is actually destroying
CDs. I don't think this is an active aggression against people who buy CDs, but
it's a bit odd. I'm not happy with it." [From Kodwo Eshun's Basic Channel/Chain
Reaction article in The Wire]

Andy

(Who would be playing his copy of Biokinetics right now if it weren't for the
$%&*ing crack down the center of the disc.)