jt,

The 12" is definitely more pounding than a lot of recent Drexciyan releases. That said, it's still a bit on the experimental tip. Two of the tracks are pounding techno grooves: one with a twisted sort of Detroit feel (offkey synth stabs) and the other with harsh spacy sounds layered in. The third has more of an electrobass feel, but still retains that Drexciyan deepness (probably my favorite of the 3 tracks).

Nothing really "earcatching" with any of the tracks, but that's pretty much Drexciya's style of late (as you say, different and less direct). I passed on the last Tresor release as well but feel that this one is a bit better (although definitely not Drex's best work).