here here!! bravo!
techno fans can be such anal retentive geeks who treat music like science!
innovation is well and good, new styles ok,
but i am really just looking for real ideas and expressions, its about "deep music period" as some foolio once said ;) i'll be listening to "traditional detroit styles" till i die as long as its stuff with original ideas, personality and soul in it, and there is infinite room for this to continue for a long time. when it comes down to it im most excited by great basslines and melodies that i havent heard before, not entirely new sounds or styles (altho sometimes those too, but its much rarer!). i think techno IS maturing tho and this will become a more natural and relaxed thing to focus more on depth, and not so schizophrenic (and trendy), as we all get older.

ok, drexciya might not be inspired or getting new ideas to use with their old sounds/style, and are getting a kick off new technology etc, but im not gonna automatically like "wavejump-glitch" or whetever just because its "fresh"...

of course i am excited and checking their new stuff all the same, and there's no accounting for taste..

jt

I think there is a strange phenomenon developing, with the acceleration of technology and culture... it seems people are no longer content to let artists develop and refine an original sound... instead, after two or three years, people get upset if artists don't go somewhere new. Traditionally, the time frame for developing as an artist was a lifetime. Now if someone does the same thing for ten years they are considered boring! I think it is unfair to expect artists and genres to develop at such a quick rate. And, if you haven't figured it out, I don't think techno is dying at all. It's just a little too much to expect that the boundaries will ALWAYS be getting pushed to some extreme year after year. Sometimes periods where art matures are good too, and may in the end produce some of the most refined and substantial works. Just my opinion...

   _dave.CyborgK

Jongsma, K.J. wrote:

I think drexciya just keep on improving and moving on. A lot
of people will
find out the 12" and album are great in a couple of years

time IMO.

They're pushing the boundaries all the time.

Yes, I agree entirely....far too many techno artists have become way too complacent and just content to ape the traditional Detroit styles.

Far to many people expect to much from techno artists to...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

DISCLAIMER

De gemeente Almelo aanvaardt voor haar medewerkers geen enkele
aansprakelijkheid voor eventueel onjuist, onrechtmatig of ontoelaatbaar geacht gebruik van e-mail (inclusief bijlagen).

Dit e-mail bericht is door de gemeente Almelo gecontroleerd op
de aanwezigheid van eventuele virussen. Wij kunnen echter geen
garantie afgeven dat al onze e-mail berichten volledig virus
vrij zijn. Het is daarom verstandig uw binnenkomende e-mail berichten zelf op de mogelijke aanwezigheid van virussen te controleren.