To me, this is such a good sign: if anyone knows (and I mean *really* knows,
at an intimate, even molecular level) what is good quality and *effective*
dance music - FK is amongst that few. Remember his perceptions are partly
honed by near-30 years of experience. The fact that he's prepared to throw
in his lot with techno, to me is highly significant, and speaks well about
the state of the music (at least on a spiritual level).

Francois K is definitely a master.

I recall when he played in Detroit a few years ago (at Clutch Cargos), he played rather harder than I expected. I don't remember much about track selection though. Anyone? It was pretty empty - an embarrassingly empty dance floor with everyone downstairs listening to Kooky Scientist if my memory is right.

Brent