on 6/24/02 11:48 AM, Brent Kirkwood at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> To me, this is such a good sign: if anyone knows (and I mean *really*
>> knows,
>> at an intimate, even molecular level) what is good quality and *effective*
>> dance music - FK is amongst that few. Remember his perceptions are partly
>> honed by near-30 years of experience. The fact that he's prepared to throw
>> in his lot with techno, to me is highly significant, and speaks well about
>> the state of the music (at least on a spiritual level).
>
> Francois K is definitely a master.
>
> I recall when he played in Detroit a few years ago (at Clutch Cargos), he
> played rather harder than I expected.  I don't remember much about track
> selection though.  Anyone?  It was pretty empty - an embarrassingly empty
> dance floor with everyone downstairs listening to Kooky Scientist if my
> memory is right.
>
> Brent

Frankly, I was shocked @ the turn out for FK.  I'd prefer to NOT be able to
say that Daniel Bell & I outdrew someone of FK's stature for a fraction of
his fee.  Francois was a professional and gentleman throughout, even if he
was playing to only 2 people on the floor at the end of the night.  We ended
up having breakfast @ the hotel instead of going right to sleep.  He bitched
about the state of UK trance DJ's taking over the universe.  I was in total
agreement.  He even helped carry my equipment when we left for the airport.

Of course, he doesn't even remember who I am now......

telepathic regards,
The Kooky Scientist

--
Upcoming Live Electronic Demonstrations:

None
TELEPATHICA - P.O.B.80337 - Boston, MA  02180-0010  PH 978.741.8901

http://www.mp3.com/fredgiannelli
http://www.telepathica.com
******New E-addresses*********
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           and/or              [EMAIL PROTECTED]