TC>>> CREAMER, John & STEPHANE K/DYLAN DRAZEN: Tora Chan (Clicktracks
US) 12": John Creamer & Stephane K-"Tora Chan"/Dylan Drazen-"Air Pressure"
(WM
50086)

What sort of record is it then??  Was/is there a sample?

The thought of John Creamer doing something clicky is VERY intriguing.  John
used to help me pick out Techno cuts at Eightball way back when and I still
play a lot of those records...

John has gone down a more commercial road of late...I'd be interested to
find out if this release veers from that at all;-)

On the website it mentions Rob Rives is one of CT's recording artists...also
very intriguing.  Rob has done some cool *minimal* stuff (in a deep NY house
kinda way) using some very cool sounds on Wave.  I'd be interested to hear
what he comes up with for a label that describes itself this way:

"About Clicktracks -

As the new millenium unfolds comes the need for a new kind of music,
different sounds that don't quite fit the aesthetic norm of things past. New
directions in music is a tall order, but we'd like to encourage that kind of
a mindset with our newest label, Clicktracks.

This is all about the post-millenial angst of electronic beats and abstract
computerworld textures tied together in a very dark, trippy and minimal dub
state of mind. Do not expect any pretty melodies or fancy songs here, rather
the droning inescapable hypnotic hum of a microprocessor groove in
saturation mode and overdrive. Music for robots? We think a more adequate
description would be a label that will definitely be part of the rise of a
new undercurrent in dancefloor-friendly electronic music composition."

Laters,

m*