On Monday, July 1, 2002, at 09:18 PM, Hugo Sweet wrote:

After watching "The Insider" again, and being reminded of Pieter Bourke and
Lisa Gerrard's great synth-laden soundtrack, I was wondering what are
listmembers' picks for their favourite electronic soundtracks?

love The Insider soundtrack.  love the movie too.

other favorite soundtracks... i know i've answered this question here before... ;)
Sex, Lies, & Videotape - Cliff Martinez
imaginary movie - Massive Attack, Mezzanine
Blade Runner - Vangelis
Birdy - Peter Gabriel (esp 2 tracks on this i would REALLY like to hear on a big system)
Passion (The Last Temptation of Christ) - Peter Gabriel
Rumble Fish - Stewart Copeland
Johnny Handsome - Ry Cooder
Paris, Texas - Ry Cooder
Rush - Eric Clapton
Risky Business - just the Tangerine Dream tracks
The Mission - Ennio Morricone

I'm interested in member's first experiences of hearing electronic music,
back when you really had no opinion about music.

probably first it was Brave New Waves, a radio show that's been discussed many times on 313. or maybe some Art of Noise records.. hard to remember which came first. then it was probably mills as The Wizard on detroit radio.

only had half an hour of music videos a week, the station would play a
single video.  The electronic music one I remember had time lapse
photography of views of an American city.  Any ideas?

this sounds like about 10,000 videos i've seen for 'electronic' music....