-----Original Message-----
From: David Powers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 6:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Brendan Nelson; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] Mo' Ghetto Tek

Would this have anything to do with the typically more reserved nature that
the British are known for? (Not that they all are.)  I am wondering not
making a statement so correct me if I'm off base here.
---

I don't think you're off base to be honest - that's one of the reasons the
music doesn't travel amazingly well, people here tend to find the only
reaction they can adopt upon hearing "Ass'n'Titties" or "Hit it from the
back" is a semi-ironic one. Either that or outright moral indignation... the
music would have to successfully penetrate strip joints and other such
places over here (which I believe happened in Detroit? Didn't the ghetto
tech sound partly originate from DJs continually pitching the bpm upwards
and upwards in strip bars?) for it to find a non-ironic and sincerely booty
audience!

Brendan