Some interesting thoughts.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the general industry perception is
that two-step has failed to 'crossover' beyond the UK. Two of its most
auspicious acts, Craig David and Ms Dynamite have cut more R&B inspired
efforts. Two-step, like ghetto tek, has a boutique, underground appeal in
these parts. However, I feel that ghetto tek may be selling more in
Australia than previously because, as with hip-hop and electro and some
two-step, it fits into the 'nu skool breaks' scene here, which has
marginalised progressive. So the local breaks DJs are playing it.