Tristan wrote:

>> Full OpArt discog: http://www.twoplayer.co.uk/labels/opart/
>
>After looking over all of these, it reminded me just how ahead of their time
>these records were, particularly the Steve Patton and Sensurreal records on
>OpArt, which prefigure the broken beat sounds of today IMHO.

To make the connection even more explicit: check Amplified Orchestra - 'Silver Lining' on 4Lux, the new label run by Gerd, one half of Sensurreal (distributed by Clone: www.clone.nl in case you have trouble finding it). Great broken beat and deephouse.

And everyone needs to own at least one copy of Gerd's brilliant album on Universal Language 'This Touch Is Greater Than Moods' from back in '97, but that's of course just my humble opinion :)

Cheers,

Otto