----- Original Message -----
From: "Nuutti-Iivari Meriläinen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 12:46 PM
Subject: [313] IDM (and Braindance).

>   As a long-time IDM list veteran, I'm going to pick a few nits
> here. Long, yet necessary (in my pathological trainspottery opinion).

Whew! I stand corrected. :)

So if I understand correctly, this would mean the Global Technological
Innovations series was not related to Kirk DeGiorgio, and his connection to
New Electronica was only through Art, right?

This post from Dave Siska did not make it through to the list, but would
appear to confirm my suspicion:

actually i don't think this is quite right.  the ART series were indeed
released on ART first, and then the first 4 12" releases were compiled
into the 'objets d'art' compilation on new electronica.  there were indeed
a couple of CD-only comps on the ART label itself.  the first one,
'the philosophy of sound and machine', jointly released with rephlex, is
rather sought-after.  a great ART page is here:

http://home.snafu.de/circonium/music/art.html

i don't believe there is any relation between new electronica and ART,
other than the objets d'art compilation.  i could be wrong about that,
though, since a great deal of kirk degiorgio's work was featured on new
electronica, and the two labels, along with buzz, seem to have released
music from a number of the same artists.  it is true that ART morphed into
op-art, starting out with a really lush release from photek.
<<<

Tristan