> I don't get why some techno purists have this agenda against electroclash,
> to be honest. Potentially it's introducing  electro and even techno to a
> wider audience

I find it frustrating that electroclash or looped bangers get the people in
touch with electro and techno. This is the same what happend to me:

I heard those hard beats on a radioshow and liked it very much.. and in that
way (one year later) I discovered detroit techno. Now I am selling all those
harder stuff back. Why canĀ“t they just play detroit techno on the radio and
plain electro?

Maarten