Yes, but once its done, you can put them on a webpage and never have to wonder
again.

Actually, I think there was a map included with a Mixmag one time... but i'd
rather not use that.  I am sure there are articles out there too... but nothing
as straight forward as a list.

You wouldnt have to go too deep.... there are key points as long as you stay
within 'electronic'... I'd like to know them.

House (post Disco Era)
Acid House
Garage
Ambient/Dub
Techno
Electro
Trance
Goa/Psychadelic Trance
Happy Hardcore (perhaps we can turn a blind eye to this one?)
Breaks (electronic-based I suppose... this one could go way back)
Trip Hop
Hip Hop / Rap
Drum and Bass
Jungle