> M-Audio Studiophile SP-5B's are nice (I have a pair). I've heard great
> things about the Behringer Truth monitors too.

i've heard this too tho i've heard build quality isn't really there.

keep the suggestions coming folks as i'm about to get something to replace
the 15 year old wharfedale hifi speakers i use.

two schools of thought:

something with no strong bass so that your mixes don't undercompensate on
the bass (downside: you don't hear the bas freq and you overcompensate)

something with strong bass as this is dance music yer producing and it's
designed for big speakers (downside: you produce music that doesn't have
enough bass as the speaker flatters)

obviously you want something completely neutral (ns10s? top end a bit
bright?)

anyway i guess this is offtopic but it interests me anyway :)

robin...