At 17:34 -0600 10-12-2002, techno wrote:
Didn't Juan Atkins say in that "black to the future" interview that Red
Planet invented trance?

There is nothing wrong with a track being trance, please people there have been trance records before people saw trance as some cheesy genre. Maybe everybody knows this by now but Stardancer is a huge trance record, even records like Aril Brikha's On and On are hypnotizing, so that is trance as well, UR's Seawolf, trance... techno can be trance, i like trance records!

Just because something has a nice string arrangement doesn't mean I'll buy
it, BIG F*cking deal, so a lot of you have figured out how to make tracks
with stings, pads, and portamento.
It's not very hard is it?

No it isn't... so making a record must be difficult and really heavy before it is any good? Oh dear i hope this is not turning into what is good and bad techno kinda threads...

Let me dust off my old Fuse Dimension Intrusion, and Psyche +8 records from
1993.

Dust it of? :))))

As far as Los Hermanos it does have a trance quality, it's one of those
60/40 trance/ tech-house tracks which I'm sure like Jaquar will be a real
crowed pleaser.

My point, a record can be trance but not trance and it is really personal if you like that in track or not and you can' about taste :)

Oh and i just got a preview of the new $tinkworks on Keynote and it is f**king great. Now i have a lot of his records but this one is definitly the best one i have heard until now... Oh and i am not forced to write this :)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]